The Top 5 Tips That Granite Kitchen Countertop Installers DON'T Want You To Know!
Most people are all about saving money.
We get that! We like to save money, too! Our families use coupons, go out to eat at those places that have "kids-eat-free" nights, and we DIY a lot of things.
Because we understand the whole saving money thing, we are going to tell you the top 5 things that granite kitchen countertop installers DON'T want you to know!
1) Those prices that granite companies put on their websites and in their advertising...those aren't the real prices. They are luring you in with a price that may be the price of SOME of their granite, but it's rarely the piece you want. Oh and that price they are showing you is, more than likely, for a scrap piece (hopefully it will fit your kitchen!) or their per-square-foot price for the whole slab. IGNORE advertised prices. Get an estimate specifically for YOUR home.
At Nashville Granite Countertop Installers, we don't put prices on our website because we aren't trying to lure you in to use us. We believe that giving you an accurate and fair price is good business.
2) Granite has to be cut to the size you need, have the edging done (there are about a dozen different ways to do the edge), and have it installed. That cheaply-priced store that lured you in will end up charging you extra for all the other stuff that needs to be done before the granite winds up in your kitchen. Make sure EVERYTHING is included in the price your are quoted.
At Nashville Granite Countertop Installers, our estimate includes everything. We have zero hidden fees.
3) It's cheaper for a granite company to NOT go to your home to give you an estimate. An "estimate" is based on facts, while a GUESS is based on, well, nothing. To save time and money in the long run, make sure your estimate is done in person.
At Nashville Granite Countertop Installers, we come to your home and actually measure, design and create an estimate based on your specific project.
4) How many different people do you want to work with? With many companies, they have sub-contractors who do nearly everything. You could be dealing with as many as 3 different companies. While that may be fine, some of the time, when there is a problem, it becomes a nightmare for you, the customer.Think about it. If the first company has to hire a second company and a third company, they need to pass all those costs, plus a little something extra for themselves, along to you! Make sure the company you are working with designs, fabricates and installs or you will be paying more money.
At Nashville Granite Countertop Installers, we do everything....and that saves you time AND money!
5) Big Box stores specialize in nothing. Because of that, they have to hire specialists. Specialists cost money. Skip the big box store and go straight to the specialists!
At Nashville Granite Countertop Installers, we ARE the specialists! We will often save you money and time by avoiding the unnecessary middle man who only adds to your expenses and time.
Granite Kitchen Countertops...YES, you can afford it!
Granite kitchen countertops are such a wise investment in your Nashville home that most home buyers now specifically look for granite countertops when they consider buying a home.
According to Zillow, doing a kitchen remodel that includes new granite kitchen countertops has one of the highest recoup valuations of any home improvement.
Costs have come down so much that it just makes sense to get rid of old laminate, fake stone, etc. and replace it with durable, beautiful, natural granite kitchen countertops.
Whether you are in Nashville, Spring Hill, TN, Mt. Juliet or other areas in middle Tennessee, it just makes sense!
Nashville Loves Granite...but WHY?
It's a fair question. After all, Granite countertops used to be seen in only the homes of the rich and famous (or in the case of Nashville...the bigwigs in the music biz!)
Now, you can find granite countertops in a growing percentage of Nashville kitchens and bathrooms in moderately priced homes.
So, what happened? Why has granite almost become commonplace in Nashville?
According to this article by the Washington Post, price has certainly played a significant role. Granite countertop prices have become competitive with all those granite-like substitutes that were invented because they were cheaper and "almost as good as granite."
That brings up the next point. Why get "almost as good as granite" countertops for your kitchen or bathroom when you can have ACTUAL granite? Granite is beautiful, durable, easy to obtain and still maintains a level of consideration of being "high-end." That makes it one of the rarest of all stones!
It's true, isn't it? While granite countertops have become even more affordable than ever (check out this report) and used more than ever before in new construction and kitchen and bath remodel projects. In fact, HGTV says to "go for granite" if you are looking for the best way to update your kitchen for the greatest resale value.
Granite countertops give you high-end look, performance and quality at a surprisingly affordable price.
Want to find out how to make your kitchen or bath even better with granite countertops in the Nashville area? Contact us today by filling out the form or just give us a call at (615) 696-7435 and we would love to talk with you about your granite countertops!
Why don't we put our Granite prices on our website?
We get that question every once in a while. Many granite companies will put a price on a website, in an ad or, in the case of big box stores, right on the granite itself! The reason they do it is simple: we all like to compare prices to get the best value.
But do you get the best VALUE comparing prices like that? Shouldn't it be as easy as comparing square foot or linear foot prices to see who is cheaper?
As you probably have guessed, the answer is no. Here's why...
The price of the granite isn't all there is. What they don't include is removal of existing countertops, delivery, variations in the worldwide granite market, installation, fabrication or edge design. Yes, EDGE design. There are at least a dozen edge designs you can choose from and some are more expensive than others because of the intricacy of the detail involved in cutting it.
None of those things are included in their prices, yet they will charge you for all those things!
That's why we will come to you. We will measure. We will help you select the granite you love (you'll be looking at it a lot, so it should be something you love!), design it and then we will be able to give you an accurate price on what your project is going to cost.
So, don't be pulled in to the price comparison game strictly from prices you see online or in a store. Get a full estimate...start to finish (like we provide)...and then make your decision.
We have nearly 15 years experience working with homeowners, new construction contractors and business owners and we have found that the best way to serve our customers is with personal attention and by providing them with the best service possible.
Please contact us today if we can serve your granite countertop and remodeling needs!